expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday 20 March 2014

Spring has sprung!

I woke up today (incidentally my day off too!) to find that the first day of Spring had quietly sprung up on us, and today it certainly lived up to its expectations.

Vancouver in the spring is... well, just stunning!

So out I dashed to grab some coffee and few snaps before a Skype session with mi madre, and got a few beauts like these...







By lunch time I was itching to get outside again, so off I trotted, camera in hand, and wandered down Granville Street towards the Waterfront and Canada Place, where they are currently holding the TED conference. I've been wanting to get a look at the hanging sculpture thingy outside the conference, and now I definitely need to go back and see it all lit up at night!

Anyway, here follows the pictures I took, which really don't quite convey how lovely the city looked today.

Granville and Pender

Granville and Hastings (I think?)

Canada Place, North Vancouver and a container ship!

The TED art at Canada Place

Mountains Gandalf!







Burrard and Hastings

Burrard and Hastings

Burrard and Hastings

Burrard and Hastings

Robson Square/Vancouver Art Gallery


2 comments:

  1. I was there yesterday taking photos of the same parts around TED and was stood by the blue tear / droplet :D It really was beautiful and has been the last few days :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I've been meaning to head down there to get some photos of the mountains, they've been looking stunning lately! We shall have to arrange a meet up very soon!

    ReplyDelete